Careers At American Investment Properties
Who We Are
Top-performers. We consistently rank among the top 5 companies in the Long Island Commercial Real Estate Market. We were recently awarded the 2017 Long Island Business News Commercial Brokers of the Year award. Our scope of business includes sales of retail, NNN, office, industrial, multi-family (apartments), and investment properties in Long Island and throughout the country. We have assembled a group of best in class staff, management who know how to lead, and senior level Advisors.
Our company culture supports personal and professional growth through ongoing training programs, company events, and an interactive team environment.
We are currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining the American Investment Properties team.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter by filling out the form on this page.
Current Positions Available
What You Get
- Training & mentorship to accelerate your success. Candidates who are coachable, persistent, and want to learn, will thrive.
- A time tested 17+ year history of local experience. Best practices that speed up your development.
- Work/life balance with the ability to have more control of your future. More time for you.
- A real estate market that is now officially on the map in the eyes of institutional and private capital investors. More financial success for you.
- Office culture that is built upon trust, teamwork, and work ethic that makes every one of us better. You get a chance to play an integral role as part of something bigger than one individual.
What You Need
The ideal candidate has mental & emotional durability – the “grit” & tenacious drive to overcome adversity. You’re going to be challenged to work / live out of that clichéd comfort zone in order to achieve a healthy six figure income in this industry. If you are driven and entrepreneurial the following skillsets will help you succeed:
- Clarity of Why. Discipline of How. Consistency of What.
- Ability to find problems, then go solve them.
- Commit to that process of building long term relationships. Make yourself unforgettable.
- Master Your Market. Capture and organize seemingly intangible knowledge and communicate it so that it helps clients.
- Don’t be afraid to stand out.
…now for the technical stuff
- You’ll need to earn a Real Estate License in the state of New York ASAP but not for the first conversation.
- The unusual blend of communication skills, a strong organizational preference & a knack for analytical details.
- Knowledge of financial terms and principles appropriate to conduct basic financial analysis.
- Sales or real estate experience is highly preferred, but not a requirement.
All associates will be trained and educated, with senior mentor-ship provided, and will be working in a team-oriented environment. AIP will provide training and outside assistance to ensure your success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sale of investment properties
- Effectively structure and negotiate transactions from conception to finalization
- Market and position assets
- Develop a client base
- Conduct and maintain relationships with industry and trade associations, vendors and professional organizations
- Ability to build their own team
- Strong interest in real estate investment and sales
- Strong work ethic
- Analytical and strategic mind-set
- Aggressive, competitive and action-motivated work approach
- Excellent managerial and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Please Apply Here:
If you do not receive a confirmation email from us within 48 business hours, please call us at 516-393-2300 to confirm receipt of your resume.
Meet Our Team:
- William Katz – VP of Commerical Investments & Bank Owned PropertiesKristin Neperud Merz2019-06-17T09:22:23-07:00